Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vintage Looks for Less

I really enjoy buying old things and fixing them up, and using old "vintage" accessories when decorating. My roommates and I have this theme going in our home. This summer I bought some old end tables at at thrift store for $20 and get them a face lift. It was a long tedious process, but the end result made it worth it! It was my first time using stain, and I wouldn't suggest staining anything in the middle of the August Texas heat...but they look cute nonetheless.

Here are some of our vintage decorating ideas:
My roommate Megan bought a bunch of old pictures frames and painted some, and left some original and we used these various sizes to fill our wall above the couch.



My roommate Raychelle made some shelves out of plywood that she stained and we hung above our windows instead of doing curtains. We each had various old books, vases, candles, and statues from thrift stores that we combined to fill the shelves.


Lastly here are the end tables that I refinished.



Embossed leather was put on the top of the tables and the front of the drawers to add interest and texture
Different size, shapes, and colors of knobs were added to the drawers

No comments:

Post a Comment